Mother Appreciation Day is fast approaching and we want you to be ready and to be the favourite!
If this post reminds/prompts you at all to pick up something for your Mama for Mother’s Day, we’re glad we could help! ;)
There’s no one more deserving of a treat and break and if you can’t make it on the day why not choose another day or send a token of appreciation their way, just to let them know you’re thinking of them and you’re grateful for them.
Go the Extra Mile
A card can go a long way but why not go the extra mile and show them you mean it.
We have lots of stunning new accessories in store, perfect for the occasion.
A frame to capture a happy family memory is an ideal gift. Print your favourite family photo or picture of mom and you and place in frame before gifting for extra personal touch.
Capture the Sentiments
Make it meaningful, -whatever meaningful means to you and your mom. Whether it’s a gift, a dinner or just showing up, do what you gotta do to show you care. If you’re stuck for gift ideas we have some gorgeous pieces that are treasures to last more than the day.
|Mother & Child - €79.95||Maternal Love - €54.95||Celtic Mother of Love - €49.95|
Make the Effort
For busy moms, the small things can go a long way.
Something simple can be the sweetest treat. Lend a helping hand and have dinner prepared for her. Even if you’re not a master chef, you can master these simple meals and the effort will mean a lot. For brownie point make sure you set the table so the whole family can gather and sit down together. Bonus point for setting the table properly too!
|Royal Cake Serving Set - €39.95||24 PC Vintage Cutlery Set - €99.95|
And just to ease the process even more for you, here are some
quick and easy recipes to consider:
400g can chickpea, rinsed and drained
1 small red onion, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
handful of flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1⁄2 tsp harissa paste or chilli powder
2 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp sunflower oil
toasted pitta bread, to serve
200g tub tomato salsa, to serve
green salad, to serve
- Drain a 400g can chickpeas and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Tip into a food processor along with 1 small roughly chopped red onion, 1 garlic clove, handful of flat-leaf parsley, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, ½ tsp harissa paste or chillli powder, 2 tbsp plain flour and a little salt.
- Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four patties with your hands.
- Heat 2 tbsp sunflower oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the burgers, then quickly fry for 3 mins on each side until lightly golden.
- Serve with toasted pitta bread, 200g tub tomato salsa and a green salad.
Time: 15 mins
Chicken & Broccoli Bake
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
4 medium chicken fillets, chopped
1 medium onion
450g / 1lb of broccoli florets
1 tin of chicken or mushroom soup
1 ½ dessertspoons of curry powder
150ml / ¼ pint semi-skimmed milk
50g / 2 oz. of brown breadcrumbs, 2 pan slices
50g / 2 oz. of low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas Mark 7
- Heat the oil in the saucepan
- Chop the onion finely and fry for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the chicken pieces. Cook for 10 minutes
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes
- Mix the milk, soup and curry powder together in a jug
- Put the cooked chicken pieces, onion and broccoli into the casserole dish
- Pour in the soup mixture, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cover with the breadcrumbs and grated cheese
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes
Time: 45 mins
Food for the Soul
Or if you can't face tackling the kitchen, what about a day trip where the food is taken care of for you and all you have to do is arrive and enjoy?!
Visit us in Red Earth, Mullingar. Restoring the Balance, Fine Food & Lifestyle is the key ingredient which has inspired the creation and ambiance of our new lifestyle concept store Red Earth. Red Earth showcases contemporary collections across fashion, beauty, interiors, childrens’ wear, lifestyle and gifting.
At Red Earth our homeware buyers at Red Earth have brought together a product range to suit every taste, from colorful throws and cushions to earthenware pottery, vintage inspired tableware to county living accessories.
We endeavor to bring to you top brands from across the world in home interiors and hope every visit to our lifestyle store is as inspirational as the next.
In our restaurant you’ll find everything from crispy calamari to everyone’s favourite Clonakilty black pudding, right through to freshly prepared Red Earths gourmet pizzas. Red Earth is all about restoring the balance of our customer’s lifestyles and at Red Earth we aim and strive to achieve that sense when it comes to food, as we are lovers of the good things in life; that means great tasting foods and flavours, loads of variety and a little indulgence here and there all of which you can experience at Red Earth.
Enjoy your day, whatever you do!
Happy Mother’s Day
& thank you to all the mothers out there
from all of us here at
Mindy Brownes Interiors
31st March 2019